GOING TO GIVE MY MACHINE A CLEAN UP
Femitech recommend that you service you computer just like servicing a motor car. By doing this you extend the life of each component. If your pc is not clean regularly it will accumulate a lot of dirt,via the fans. Dirt can cause overheat of the components as the hot and cool air will not circulate properly. Excess heat is want make hard drives and processor go dead most times.
POWER SUPPLY DISASSEMBLE FOR CLEANING
- open power supply
- use a old tooth brush, damp cloth and a can duster to get rid of dust
- when reassembling ensure that fan is install properly so that cool air is take into for the outside.
- I WILL BE DOING AN ARTICLE ON FAN INSTALLATION SHORTLY.
POWER SUPPLY REASSEMBLE AFTER CLEANING
COMPONENTS TO BE INSTALL AFTER CLEANING
mother already installed
INSTALLING PROCESSOR (CPU )
APPLYING TERMINAL COMPOUND TO CPU
- terminal compound helps heat sink in cooling the CPU
- the bottom surface of the heat sink is extremely smooth to allow surface to surface contact with CPU. But imperfections leave tiny gaps.
- terminal compound fills these tiny gaps for better cooling effect.
INSTALLING CPU HEAT SINK
INSTALLING POWER SUPPLY
INSTALLING HARD DRIVES
ALL THREE HARD DRIVES INSTALLED
CONNECTING HARD DRIVES
INSTALLING GRAPHICS CARD
ALL COMPONENTS IN AND READY TO BOOT UP
- As you can see i position the cards as neatly as is possible
- this is to improve air circulation in the machine
- try not to have cards over the motherboard and hard drives especially
MACHINE STARTING UP
UP AND RUNNING NOW